Counseling & Mental Health Center
The Counseling and Mental Health Center exists to support the mental health needs and academic success of TCU students. We provide high-quality clinical care and recovery services, innovative groups and peer support programs, as well as campus consultation all geared towards helping students feel confident, successful, and fully engaged. Whether students are working on self-discovery or relationship issues; or struggling with depression, anxiety, and/or other mental health concerns, students can expect confidential, compassionate, affirming, and culturally competent care.
In 2021, TCU was ranked as #6 in Best Counseling Services by the Princeton Review. Our staff includes licensed psychologists, licensed professional counselors, licensed clinical social workers, psychiatric providers, and pre-doctoral/master level trainees. Our services are covered by the cost of tuition, so students must be currently enrolled in classes to be eligible for our services. We provide:
- Drop-in crisis response and intervention
- Individual, group, and couples counseling
- 24/7 Phone Counseling Helpline (call 817-257-SAFE)
- Psychiatric assessments for medication management
- A nationally recognized peer support program
- Recovery services for substance use concerns
- Consultation to any person who is concerned about the welfare of a student
- Transition of care services for students with chronic needs or interested in long-term counseling.
- We also partner with community providers to bring specialty services on campus (some of these are not covered by the cost of tuition)
Initial appointments are 30-minute phone sessions, which we offer Monday – Friday 10AM to 12PM and 1PM to 3PM. The Counseling Center is located on the 2nd floor of Jarvis Hall. Visit www.counseling.tcu.edu for more information.
Jarvis Hall – 2nd Floor
TCU Box 298730
Fort Worth, Texas 76129
Monday through Wednesday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm; Thursday and Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Center Phone 817-257-7863
24/7 Phone Counseling Helpline 817-257-SAFE (7233)
After-hours emergency, contact University Police at 817-257-7777.