Main Content

Academic Problems

Feel free to talk with your professor about any problems you may have with a course. It is usually best to make an appointment to see him/her in an office rather than trying to get an answer to a question or to take care of a problem between classes.

Faculty members are expected to provide information at the start of each semester on how the final grade will be determined. Most faculty members are extremely conscientious about determining student grades, but if you feel that an error has been made, talk with the professor.

If you feel that your concerns have not been addressed, talk with the department chair, the dean of the school or college or the Provost (Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs) in that order.

For information on the grade appeal process please see Grade Appeal Procedures section.